Please be advised that due to the latest government guidelines, EDU Lettings who manage the Handbridge Dojo bookings have been informed that the dojo will now have to close from Tuesday 5th January until Sunday 14th February (subject to government updates).
We will keep you updated with further notices as and when we have new information.
Thank you all once again for your support.
PS If anyone wishes to train, there are many Zoom classes available with senior Sensei’s. These sessions will help towards your next grading. Please message for details.
Please note, due to the recent change to Tier 4, the dojo will not now open on 4th January as planned. The earliest possible date back in the dojo will be 18th January. However, this is still subject to government and KUGB advice. The website will be updated after the next government statement regarding restrictions.
Stay home, stay safe.
As of Thursday 3 December, HSKC will be resuming training sessions at Queen’s Park High School. We will be following government and KUGB guidelines and also EDU-Lettings procedures which are detailed below.
Training times are as follows:-
Mon 6pm – 7pm Juniors, Beginners and Intermediates
Mon 7pm – 8pm Seniors
Thu 6pm – 7pm Juniors, Beginners and Intermediates
Thu 7pm – 8pm Seniors
We look forward to welcoming you back to training.
We look forward to welcoming all our community groups and organisations from Wednesday 2nd December in line with the recent Covid-19 guidance we have communicated with you.This is a reminder with regards to our operational procedures. As we are all aware, Covid-19 has impacted the sport and leisure industry, we thank you for your continued support.
Please also see below operational procedures when visiting site. These, alongside your activities current governing body guidelines MUST be adhered to. Please ensure you have understood and researched your body guidelines before visiting site.
– Do not report to reception, our members of the team will visit you in your area of use to sign you in on arrival.
– NO CHANGING ROOMS are available. Please ensure your users come ready. (Swim excluded).
– There is a one way system, to the left, clearly sign posted on ALL corridors and floors.
– Toilets have a red and green system.
– Doors and touch points will be opened to minimise contact where possible.
– Only 1 adult per child under 16 and NO additional spectators on site this includes siblings. Users and users clients only.
– If you run a junior activity, please ensure only one adult picks up and drops off and where possible stays in their cars.
– Sanitising stations including hand sanitisers, sprays and wipes will be stationed outside of main areas of use. Use these at your leisure.
– Our staff will wipe down all touch points and equipment before and after each user.
– Only Visit our reception for emergencies and this must the lead coach, or supporting coach.
– Do not, under any circumstances enter un-booked rooms. You must stick to the space you have booked.
– All of your junior users, MUST have an adult coach or supervisor attend the walk between your space of use and toilets.
-Please ensue you r Risk Assessment and Covid-19 Questionnaire are uploaded to your documents on your online account.
– ACCESS – Please read the risk assessment and follow all protocols in regard to ONE Way System (entering and exiting site).
– TRACK AND TRACE – Similarly to the restaurant industry, as usual, your lead must sign in. Should yourself, or anyone who has been in contact with our site, test positive for the virus within 7 days of using the facility, you must make Edu-Lettings aware. We will then contact all relevant users of the same evening and spaces to inform users of a positive case. QR Codes are situated around the site and we need all attendees to scan using the NHS App.
– Covid-19 – guidance must be adhered to for all bookings please ask EDU staff if any questions or queries.
Please ensure you leave the last 5 minutes of your booking to leave the facility as your found it and leave via your exit point in time for the next user. The last 5 minutes will also be spent cleaning equipment and touch points by our team with assistance from the group lead. Please do not try to enter ANY facility before your start time. Note – this is not the time you wish to get in to set up. this is your booked start time.
I appreciate the 5 minutes eating into time of your session – however we must all work together, to ensure all sport and activity is allowed to go ahead in a safe environment for all.
We will continue to update all clients with regards to the information received on Covid-19 regulations both in the leisure and educational sector.
Our staff will be on hand to support you during your time on site, however, should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly to discuss further.
Nick and Mike